#SAVIOUR

10:56 PM


 I know my post title sounds a bit cheeky ( some might even say offensive) but trust me that is the most accurate way I can think off to describe what happened this past weekend ( before some people crucify me, I'm not referring to myself as christ ooo!).
Titi (the bride) is one person I had wanted to makeup for a very long time. She has one of those faces you see and just wish you could just lay your hands on and beautify. So, when I started seeing her pre wedding pictures on my friend's DPs, I asked them if they could hook us up so I can be the MUA of her day but she had already booked her MUA. Fast forward to the day of her wedding, I was there to make up one of her bridesmaids and a close friend of mine, Olamide. I had finished Olamide's makeup and was packing up when one of Titi's friends came to me for help. Apparently, Titi's makeup and gele was done and she didn't really like it ( this is me being diplomatic) and they begged me to see if I could help out.
I usually won't do stuff like that, not out of pride or anything, but I know how makeup can be tricky sometimes. Some days you get it right and some days...especially when you don't know what you are doing..you botch the whole thing. but I really couldn't say no to her...it was her big day and I couldn't bear watching her go out like that especially with that gele! urgh!!
Long story short, I saved the day! I changed her makeup and re-tied her gele. Even I was amazed at the outcome. She looked angelic and for some reason, it felt extremely good to help a bride out and not expect payment for it. Everyone's gratitude was payment enough. Within minutes, her pictures had made it to the prestigious BellaNaija Instagram page! When you are a MUA in this industry and your picture gets featured on Bellanaija, you know you have done well.

Moral of this story....choose your vendors wisely. (or pray I'm around to save the day...#lol)





Titi's Bridesmaids
Peyton

Olamide

Doyin


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Beautifulllllll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oremi!! Hahahah u Slayed those maids.. Everything good will keep coming for us IJN. #Congrats

    ReplyDelete