Mrs Omolola Ajani-Shittu (engagement)

1:02 AM

On the 6th of December, I got married to my sweetheart, Akinshola. I'm still trying to get used to my new status, it feels surreal.... . I had always thought that there would be a significant difference in the way I'd feel once I got married but I'm not sure I feel any different. All I know is I'm very excited. Excited is the only word I have for now.
Anyway...I got married on the 6th of December and that day is all a blur to me. It was like the day ended immediately it began. All I have are flashes (and pictures of course )of memory of that day...me saying I do....signing the register....first dance...throwing the bouquet....  I really wish I could remember every single second of that day. I'm going to blame my memory loss on the church. The only stress I encountered during the whole wedding plan was dished out to me by the church. It first started by them not approving my wedding dress. They said lace was not allowed, that the dress had to be bridal satin all through. They also said the dress had to be one piece i.e no jackets or boleros allowed., and that my dress should not go beyond my ankles, my veil should not be longer than shoulder lenght and the last straw, I'm not allowed to wear heels!
Obviously, I wasn't going to wear a bridal satin above the ankle but below the knee dress! The unfortunate part of this story was that my dress was disapproved just 2 weeks to my wedding which meant I had to find another dress for church. At first, I thought of getting a nice white/ivory skirt suit but I could not find any. So I went to my neighbour, Debra ' s grace to find a dress. And I found THE dress. It was a lovely long sleeved cream dress and it was perfect. (Pictures below ). So, after my new dress got approved, there were still  some huddles to overcome, unnecessary ones at that too. But I overcame. Nothing was going to upset me.
Every other thing went beautifully. My vendors were superb! I would like to say a big thank you to Molbaks Alasooke for everything. My asooke was superb. I loved my fabric from Kwamuhle fabrics..I was the envy of all that day. And my makeup artists....Awelewa makeovers and Beauty Perfection makeovers...they were both on top of their game. Enough said jare, see for yourself

 














 













































My Vendors:
Asooke by Molbaks (@molbaksalasooke)
Fabric by Kwamhule Fabrics 
(@temiladyofkwamhule)
Couple's outfit designed by Boya Apparels
(@misterboya )
Makeup by Awelewa makeovers (@awelewamakeovers)
Jewelry by Bejewelled
Photography by Jamesjolaphotography



p.s: you wont need to wait a month before I post pictures of the main wedding ceremony....lol

You Might Also Like

7 comments