Let's talk about it.....

10:13 AM






Hi Everyone. I want to start a new series on my blog where I can just talk about random stuff ranging from product reviews to experiences to downright ranting. Today I'm gonna start with the latter!

I get calls daily from brides to be, clients....talking about how they love my work and cant wait to have me beat their faces. Them brides know how to make a MUA's swell and swoon with pride and gratitude 😆😄....until the price haggling starts😐. Then you start to hear "does that include my mum, sis, cheif bridesmaid and 4 bridesmaids?"😮
Or you hear " i actually have a cousin who can do it better and free sef, i just dont want family thing...shey u get?" ...#lol i just nod and say "yea i get you"... After politely declining. ..you now get feedbacks like "shes so proud" or "she's not all that" or worse "when did she even start that she's charging that much?"😠
My country people, this hustle have tay oooo ...7 glorious years.
Sometimes,  it even gets worse. I've given a bride credit facility once because those that referred and vouched for her are very good close friends. I almost didn't take her job because it wasn't convenient but she begged and begged and sent almost our mutual fried to me. And she promised to pay on her wedding day. Wedding day came and the story was "don't worry my cousin is trying out atms as we speak" till we finished cousin did not come o. Then it changed to "don't worry, I'll credit you during the week".
Long story short, Mrs Bride did not pay o. Next thing I heard from her was, "my makeup was not fine" "my makeup did not last all day" yet Mrs Bride won't stop using the pictures as her BBM dp.

Another time, a completely random person just ran my personality down for absolutely no reason. This is someone I'm sure I've never met or had any dealings with. When the bride was asking me if I knew the lady, to which I said no, she was shocked.  When she went on to tell all she said about me It was my turn to be shocked.

To be fair to we makeup artists, this job of ours is not easy. We are in a world where MUAs are spring up everyday that you constantly have to up your game. We do all we can to stay relevant, to remain in your consciousness. We have to constantly be creative, research on best products to use for you guys. We are your stylists, makeup artists, photographer! Our backs, calves, feet...ache all the time... we bring you that desired fame when all them wedding pages feature you because of our work on you and on top of that, Dollar don cost!!!!😆😆😆

So, biko, take it easy on us and pay us what we are worth.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Lol, I feel your pain, soup wey sweet na money kill am...but then again I guess it's the bad state of the economy that's making everyone try to cut down on cost. it's one of the not so pleasant aspects of your job which will most likely keep coming up.

    ReplyDelete